Monday 8 November 2010

LIIAR interpretation of the brief

Language: This is used to describe the subject. Language is used a lot on magazine covers, examples of these terms are headline and masthead. Using colour schemes can represent what type of magazine it is. For example Kerrang magazine uses black and white frequently as these colours stereotypically show its a rock magazine.

Institution: This is the organisations which produce the media. My magazines competition is Future Publishing as they produce Classic Rock magazine which is the same genre which I'm doing so I will choose IPC Media and go in competition with Classic Rock magazine.

Ideology: This is a set of ideas presenting peoples values and stereotypes. The reason for choosing to produce a rock magazine is because I like rock music. The audience who would buy my magazine are likely to be rock music fans as my magazine is on classic rock and the audience who will read this will know a lot about the music.

Audience: Who the magazine is aimed at. My magazine will be aimed at C1 and C2 female audiences. (See later post on audience.)

Representation: This is how the media portrays the magazine to get a response from the public. For my magazine I will portray the artists accurately. The music genre I choose will be represented positively as whatever genre I choose will be a genre I like and to get the audiences to like the artists presented as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment